Are you planning to buy a tablet? Is this your first tablet or want to replace an old one? Irrespective of the reason for buying a tablet, you must buy a reasonable one. It must benefit you regarding quality, requirement, budget and efficiency. If you are looking to replace a PC or make something more portable, we have the best options for you.
You must be thinking to buy a model that must fall under your budget. Also, the quality matters a lot. So, here we bring you some best tablet under 500 dollars. Listed below are the five tablets under 500 dollars:
Table of Contents
1. Apple iPad Air 2
Apple I Pad Air 2 is extremely light in weight. It is very sleek and has A8X chip with 64- bit architecture. With high definition screen of 9.7 inches, you can enjoy the perfect display. It comes with 8 MP Camera with advanced optics. With sensor and image signal processor, it gives you a detailed and cinematic imagery. Enjoy high- resolution video calls with your loved ones. Faster connectivity, awesome sound quality, iOS 8, I cloud, and fingerprint sensor makes this tablet extremely useful.
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
It weighs less than a pound. It can be easily carried in backpack or handbag. Lightweight design makes it easier to watch movies and playing games. It allows you to open multiple applications simultaneously. It provides the feature of fingerprint scanning for making secure payments. It has AMOLED display screen. Its adaptive display technology adjusts screen brightness. It has the powerful processor for multitasking.
What did we like?
- With AMOLED display, enjoy minutest details and rich colors.
- It comes with powerful Octa-core processor that gives you the required speed and performance
- The 32 GB memory of the tablet can be increased to 128 GB.
- Its quick connect feature allows sharing videos and photos from tablet to smart TV and smart phone.
What didn’t we like?
- Delay in receiving updates on Nougat.
- It has the Google Chrome platform. There are a lot of games that not able to download.
3. Acer Aspire Switch 10 E
It is detachable two in one touchscreen laptop and tablet. It comes with Intel Atom Quad-Core Processor Z3735F 1.33GHz. The touchscreen display is with high definition resolution of 1280 by 800. It is equipped with LED backlit technology. It has quite a long battery life of 12 hours. The most important feature that it can be used both as a tablet and laptop. The screen size is quite decent, 10.1 inches.
What did we like?
- Detachable – The screen is detachable and can be used as a tablet. Attach the keyboard, use it as a laptop.
- Battery life – It has good battery life and lasts long.
- Keyboard and mouse – The keys on the keyboard are at their position with the required distance between the keys. The mouse functions well.
What didn’t we like?
- USB 2.0- It comes with 2.0-port, and does not have 3.0-port on the keyboard.
- It cannot be used with Linux such as Ubuntu.
4. Google Nexus 9 Tablet
With beautiful curves and firm grip, it is very comfortable and light to work or play. It has a perfect screen size of 8.9’’ that is big enough to work and small enough to carry in one hand. It has the front -facing HTC boom sound speakers. The sound is very clear. With the 64-bit powerful processor, it becomes very easy to check emails and watch videos. The magnetically attached keyboard allows to type at different angles. With bold colors and fluid animations, you can directly respond to messages from the lock screen.
What did we like?
- The resolution is bright and bold with full -color range.
- It has very good sound with front facing speakers.
- It is very fast and efficient tablet.
- The operating system is a lollipop. This system is very efficient and simple.
What didn’t we like?
- It has the storage space of only 32 GB and is not expandable.
- Charging is a bit slowly.
- It has less active RAM of 2 GB.
5. Microsoft Surface 3 Tablet
It is the perfect device for home, school and while traveling. It has a full HD touchscreen display of 10.8 inches with the high resolution of 1920 by 1280. The operating system is fast and can do everything you want to. It has a thin and light frame. It is very convenient to carry with you. It comes with long battery life of 10 hours. It has the storage space of 64 GB.
What Requirements should you consider before choosing a tablet?
- To pick the best tablet for regular use, you need to identify your needs.
- Tablets have different properties and feature depending on the kind of requirement.
- Do you require a tablet for watching videos and movies?
- Do you need a tablet for typing with a keyboard?
- Take into consideration if you want to edit the images in Photoshop.
- Are you an avid reader?
- Do you require HDMI to connect the tablet to TV?
- Do you want to replace PC?
- Is your work has more of email handling or browsing?
- Jot down your requirements and then analyze which model to buy.
How to select the Operating System?
Many tablets come with Android version but windows are booming in the market. Listed down are the operating systems that you can choose from
- It is developed by Google.
- Android is famous for its Google play. It has many apps like Gmail, hangout, calendar, Google maps, navigation, Google drive, chrome browser and much more.
- The integration is smooth on Android.
- The latest version is Android 5.0 Lollipop. It is stylish and user -friendly.
- Apple products operate on iOS.
- It has many apps that are customized.
- If you love the iTunes then picking iOS version is best.
- The customization is not possible.
- Lack of support for multiple users.
- If you are planning to work on the tablet, then windows are the best option.
- There are many user-friendly apps on windows store.
- The choice for the app is comparatively low.
- Windows supports multiple users.
What Features should your Tablet have?
Here are some features that make your tablet the best tablet for 2020
1. Screen Size
- The size varies from 7 inches to 13 inches.
- I-Pad comes in the 10 inches category.
- Android falls between 7-10 inches.
- Bigger screen size tablets will not be easy to hold and carry.
- The tablets of 8.9 inches and above have fast processors.
- They provide the better viewing experience.
- They are best to play games and watch videos.
- For a decent experience, the resolution is 1280 by 800 pixels.
- Tablets with 1920 by 1080 pixels or above.
- This is necessary for the sharper and clear picture quality.
- Higher resolution leads to better vibrancy and color accuracy.
- Take into consideration the PLS (Plane like switching) or IPS (in- plane switching) screen feature.
- If you are fond of playing games and using a lot of apps, go for a quad-core processor.
- Decent amount of 2GB RAM is must
- More RAM gives excellent performance.
4. Wi-Fi only
- If you want an internet connection, buy a tablet with the data connection.
- If you are having constant traveling and the use of tablet outside home or office, you can buy a tablet with the data connection.
- Opting for Wi-Fi model can save your money.
- For best Wi-Fi on a tablet, you can go for dual band support.
- You must be very clear about the date of upgrades.
- In the case of iPad make sure that you are buying at least fourth generation model.
- In the case of Windows tablet, it must be upgraded to Windows 10.
- Opt for the tablet that has a good battery life.
- You must opt for the tablet that has 10 hours of battery life.
- As the life of the battery will become worse day by day.
- The options of the connectivity must be greater.
- Tablet must support the latest standard of Bluetooth
- The storage space must be expandable or micro SD.
- USB or Micro USB port and micro HDMI is must to have.
- You can also go for NFC support and wireless charging.
- Android and Windows tablet comes with expandable storage.
- You can add more space with micro SD card.
- Apple does not support micro SD card.
- If you download games and store movies, then you require the tablet with more storage space.
- Also look out your requirement for e- books and music.
- If you want a rear camera, get an iPad.
- The tablet must have a good quality front camera for video calling to your loved ones.
- If you have more typing working, then get a tablet with a keyboard.
- You can also replace your laptop with keyboard tablet.
- Also, many Bluetooth keyboards can work well with tablets.
- It’s up to you, want you want to pick.
11. Choose the best brand
- You must choose the manufacturer wisely.
- The tablets are very delicate, and the problem can arise in your tablet.
- Make sure that the manufacturer provides the best repairing service.
- He must address the issues promptly.
- All tablets are touchscreen, and you can use your finger as the stylus.
- If your requirement is writing or drawing, choose a tablet with a stylus.
Before making a decision to buy a particular brand, you must analyze all the factors. These factors are dependent on the type of requirement you want to achieve through your tablet. So, matching the requirements with factors is the most important part.
Now! You must have made the decision; it’s time to shop your tablet. These tablets that are reviewed are top five best tablets that come under 500 dollars and are worth your money.